6.05.2012

Bittersweet Milestones

As I told you last week, we have had so much going on here at home.  While it is always with such pride & joy that I watch my daughters excel in their accomplishments, it is also with a heavy heart.  Last week was the end of a chapter for me.  My little Lulu graduated preschool.  That's right, my baby is heading off to Kindergarten in the fall & Mommy is in full pity-party mode!  The Mr. has tried to be supportive as he's watched this emotional roller coaster from the sidelines.  And by supportive I mean he's poured himself lots of extra cocktails to help ease my sorrows.

Lulu's last preschool fieldtrip.




My little fairy dancing her heart out at her recital!
Graduating from preschool.



So I will begin to try and graciously prepare myself for this next phase in life.  A phase where I am the mother of two little ladies & not babies.  A phase where another becomes the teacher.  A phase where both my children spend more time with their new teachers than with the one who taught them to love unconditionally.  A phase where I will have to let go just a little (baby steps here, people!)
I know I should be thankful for all of my blessings (& I am!)  I just didn't expect those blessings to grow up so quickly....

No comments:

Post a Comment