6.21.2012

I've got a Design Crush

I figure I will let you all in a little design crush I've got.  Just promise you won't beat me to the punch & hire my dream decorator!  I am talking Maj-or Love here, people.  Her name is Ruthie Sommers & she knows how to pull it all together to make a statement.  Her interiors combine two of my favorite design elements, color & chinoiserie.  I haven't seen a room she's designed yet that I haven't loved.  But I'll let you decide for yourself!

This has got to be one of my all time favorites.  You know I'm crazy for blue & white.  What's not to love here?


Can't you just see my little Southern belles in here!  So homey & bright.  The perfect family room for us.  The only thing missing is our Candy Land game board.

Now I know if my home office looked like this (instead of the dark hole the Husband is "sharing" with me) I would get some serious work done.  I love it all... the girly details, the family photos, the clean desk....  The only thing missing here, is me!

I love everything about this pool house/loggia.
 
Here's a more detailed view of that console.  Yes, that is a coral elephant console!  BRILLIANT!

This room is perfect for any little princess.  I love, love, love all of the pink & the toile canopy.  It's a room any little girl would be lucky to grow into.  I just happen to know two who would gladly volunteer!

While I was digging around stalking researching Mrs. Sommers I found this from a Mother's Day post on Tory Burch's blog.  It's advice Ruthie has always cherished that her mother has passed on.  I am sensing that we could be BFF's.  Clearly we have so much in common!
Endearing, right?  Who wouldn't love Ruthie Sommers & her sweet mom too!  I just hope that someone is listening to all of the wisdom I have tried to impart to my girlies & if they want to type it up for them to carry with them at all times, that would be just fine with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment