5.13.2012

Happy Mothers Day

Happy Mothers Day!  Whether you are enjoying your first holiday as a Mommy or whether this is one of many Mother's Days you have celebrated, enjoy it.  I was treated to a lovely & relaxing brunch at Boca Bay this morning by my wonderful husband & accompanied by my sweet little girlies.  The best part was the wonderful handmade gifts I was awakened by.  Nothing warms my heart more than those.  They always bring tears to my eyes!

On this day that I love so much I always think of my own mother, who truly taught me how to love so selflessly.  She is the epitome of a true Southern lady, with grace and charm.  If I can be half as giving as she has I will truly have set a wonderful example for my own children.  This picture has long been one of my favorites.  It was taken several years ago before I was a mother, shortly after I was married.  It was taken with my sisters & mother not long after she finished treatment for breast cancer & I think it shows her true beauty.  There is a true happiness that glows from it that I can feel anytime I look at it.



Another Southern lady who touched my life is my grandmother.  That is where my true passion for fashion was born & bred.  I can remember all of the costume jewelry & silk scarves she kept in drawers.  As a child I was enamored by them.  It was like a treasure chest!  I wish so often that my own daughters could have met her.  She was an elegant lady that always dressed & always wore lipstick.





Here are a few more moms that epitomize grace, charm, & beauty.

Jackie Kennedy

Audrey Hepburn

Princess Diana
  
If you are lucky enough to still have your mother with you give her an extra hug today.  And don't forget to tell her how much you appreciate all she has done.  It is not an easy job but they make it look like it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment