8.27.2012

Kindergarten Blues

Whew!  I don't know where to start.  This week has been an emotional one that culminated this morning when I took my baby to her first day of Kindergarten.  I have always believed that everything happens for a reason & that God has a plan for all of us.  But I will be the first to admit this week has been challenging.  Earlier this spring my mother suffered a mild heart attack, so mild in fact that no one knew it happened until very recently.  Earlier this week she had a heart cath done to see if they could determine if some of her breathing problems were stemming from this.  My mom can't walk 10 feet without getting very labored & the humidity has made it really difficult for her.  So while I sat in the waiting room my husband called from home to tell me his back went out.  I have to admit I thought it was no big deal & he would be recovered when I got home. No such luck, he has been on his back in bed since Wed.  He is using a walker to get to the shower & that is about as far as he can go.  It has been hard to see him in so much pain & our girls were scared to see their Daddy this way.  But he is working through it & getting a little better each day.

This morning was the end to my emotional roller coaster.  Lulu headed off to Kindergarten!
I was filled with extreme joy, pride, & sadness all at the same time.  This is my baby!  She had declared all summer she was staying with me. But this morning she was the first out of bed & so excited.  I was glad that she was so ready to go but sad that she has grown up so fast.  This weekend we watched some of our old home movies & the day Louisa was born was on there.  I couldn't stop crying.  I looked at she  Mary Scott & wondered when my babies had turned into little ladies.  They bring me so much joy but it breaks my heart to know that chapter in my life is closed.  John found these pictures this morning & I couldn't believe how much they had changed.
This was Mary Scott's first day of Kindergarten.  Look at what a baby she was!  And Lulu was just 2.  They gave both grown so much.
They have changed so much!  And they are wonderful little girls.  I am sure you get tired of me going on & on but truly they have filled our lives with such joy.  So even though I didn't make it out of Lulu's class today without crying I am happy for what is to come.  They have brought us so much joy & I know this next chapter      in life will too!

No comments:

Post a Comment