8.13.2012

Lulu's Mermaid Lagoon

After much preparation & a few tears we were finally able to celebrate Lulu's party in true mermaid fashion.  The weather did not cooperate & we had to cancel the party Saturday afternoon after going back & forth (hence the tears!) But the sun was shining Sunday & so was my little Queen of the Sea!

We started with her invitation & it took off from there...

Guests were greeted by Lulu's favorite mermaid...

The favor table was covered with a tablecloth I made from paper to look like a mermaid's tail.  It was a little time-consuming but the details are definitely what makes a party memorable!  I loved the finished look it gave the table & it mimicked the scales on the background of her invitation.


I kept things very simple with fresh fruit, homemade cupcakes & these adorable cookies.

Aren't these the cutest, they even look like my sweet Lulu!



 The birthday girl was all smiles!


We rented a bouncy waterslide & the children loved it.


I see some future Olympians here!

It was a day filled with laughter, fun, & memories I will cherish for a lifetime.  This little face made all of the effort so worth it!



I so need a few days at the beach to recuperate & it looks like after 7 days of rain the sun will be shining all week!  My oldest daughter has already started planning her party that we will celebrate next May.  I think I better take more than a few days to rest up!





No comments:

Post a Comment